Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Journey Continues

Today is May 12 2010

The past week has been great. I made it to the gym 5 days last week. It felt great to be moving more. I added in more Cardio to my workouts then I have in the past. I am up to 40 Min's of Cardio everyday. I went full force on the workout routine.

If anyone is familiar with body for life Contest, I am following the workout routine from there. My husband and I had entered it back in 1999 just before we got married. We both had done very well. My routine this past week was:

Monday: Cardio and Lower body -- Legs curls, Hamstring extensions,caves,lunges and Abs
Tuesday: Cardio and Abs
Wednesday: Cardio and Upper body --Lat pull down. Triceps,shoulders,chest,biceps's,back
Thursday: Cardio and Abs
Friday: Cardio and lower body --same as Monday.

Friday was my best workout day as I experienced something truly amazing. I work with a company that helps your body re-build Glutithione in your body. On the TV show they have I have heard so many athletes talk about how when they lift weights and increase there sets it gets easier as they go up. I thinking to myself they does not happen to me, It gets harder as I increase. My set are usually, 12, 10, 8, 6, 12/12 for each exercise I do and each time I increase the weight by 10. Normally I am really pushing hard at 6. Well Friday I was doing my lower body weights and noticed that each time I went up on the weights it got easier. I thought to myself am I dreaming, is there something wrong with me. But then I remembered what they had said about your recovery time will become quick. I found this very exciting and powerful.

I have slacked a little on the affirmations this past week from being distracted from so many things. My weight has gone down 1 pounds. I think it was the Natchos and cheese, burgers and the cake on Mothers day this past week that kept me around the same. I am okay with that, I just need more planning in my meals for the week.

On Monday and spent a few hours with a great friend talking and walking through a trail she had found which was so beautiful and quite. We saw some beautiful birds, I also hit the gym shortly after that for my workout. Yesterday my daughter was home with a fever so I did not get my workout in, I will be making up for that today and Saturday this week I plan to add a workout.

I have been spending some time reading from Proverbs this week which has been a good reminder into my life and what I should be doing and want to do. I am also going to continue on with the course Heart Physics from Dr James B. Richards. This is a really great course. http://www.heartphysics.com/ and you can find him at http://www.impactministries.com/


Love always
Julie Elliott

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie,

    Great job! I'm really excited at the progress you are making. Thanks for sharing your journey. I can't wait to see what happens next.

    Debbie Stevens

    ReplyDelete