Thursday, May 27, 2010

What is stopping you?

Today while I was driving to the gym and working out some questions came to me.

WHAT IS STOPPING YOU?
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
WHAT FEARS ARE COMING WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR GOALS AND PASSIONS?

I thought about that for while, why do so many people including myself get these great ideas and passions and dreams and write them down and then stop. What is it that stops you for taking that next step? For me I know that worrying about what other people think has been a very big one for me. What I forgot over the last while is that many if not most people have the same fear's. Or in business someone says no or does not respond like you think they would and you give up. One thing that reminds me to keep moving and never give up is this great quote.

"I've missed more than 9,ooo shots in my career.... I've lost almost 300 games.....26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed....I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." ~ Michael Jordan

I was reminded by a great Coach Robin Sharma about how we need to take a step back and really see the beauty within others, really look into their eyes and their heart and really listen to what they are saying, even the silence in between the words. So much of our world today focuses on the outside, on what people wear to what they look like and how much money they have. When you focus on all that stuff you miss out on so much of the world and the beauty within people.

So many of us are crying out to change but afraid to take that step. We all need work together to take those steps. Facebook has been such a blessing to many as it has brought others together that share so much of the same things and helped reach out and connect. Who would have thought 10 years ago that we would be able to connect so closely with others all over the world. It is outstanding when you really think about it.

Starting this Sunday my husband and I are starting a challenge over the summer with a Dream Coach and we are both very excited about that. We are going to Vlog about our journey through this. We hope and pray that it will be a blessing to someone out there and help you take the next step.

As scary as it may seem I'm reminded of a great quote Robin Sharma told me at one of his weekend retreats... "On the other side of your fear lie's your Freedom" Think about that for a minute. Think of a time you accomplished a fear. How good did you feel? Write down all the things you have accomplished and fears you have overcome and reminded yourself of how good that felt and apply that to your next fear.

Check out this video where Robin Sharma shares about facing fears...



So what did you think?

I would love to hear your thoughts.
Leave your comments below.

RUN TO YOUR FEARS AND NEVER GIVE UP.

Love always
Julie Elliott

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Chester. That sounds like it would be a lot of fun. What kind of play was it?Let me know how it went? Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete