Monday, March 8, 2010

What do you settle for?

MARCH 8TH 2010

For the past week I have been thinking a lot about my life over the past ten years or so and thinking about what have I accomplished and what got set aside and tolerated. It's scary how much time goes by without paying attention to it.

You seem to come to a time in life where you stop to think about what you really want in life and realize what you could have done. I guess I should be very thankful for coming to that realization in my thirties and not much later in life like many others do.

Something that really has hit home is letting other's control what I do and say and think in life. So many people, myself included, have stopped doing things I believed in because of others fear's or disbelief's. Kind of funny as most of those people who we call Nay Sayers are one's that sit back and give up and say things can't be done or are afraid to step out themselves. I have let people make me think and treat me like I am not worth anything or deserve anything great. Sometimes you need to give yourself a smack to wake up and sometimes walk away.

I was thinking about the school system how they are treating kids like little robots trying to mold them all to think and be the same. I hear from so many people that teachers are telling kids that they will never do whatever it is they would like to do or tell them they are not good, and don't aim to high. I see it also in business and in religion where you all have to think and do exactly the same thing or you're out or considered that there is something wrong with you. We need start teaching our kids to think freely and go after those things they are passionate about and give them time and space to research those things.

Some question I have been thinking about today are.

1. What have you tolerated?
2. If you knew you could not fail what would you do?
3. What do you want out of life?
4. What kind of relationship would you like?
5. What dreams have been set a side, and what would it take to start working on them?

Love always
Julie Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment